KAST (Kootenay Association for Science & Technology)
Since 1998, KAST (Kootenay Association for Science & Technology) has led our region’s economic development through technology and innovation. We are the only non-profit tech association serving the entire Kootenay region. Our main offerings are: the Venture Acceleration Program, DER3 program, Kootenay Pitch Competition, Tech Resiliency Program, Nelson Innovation Centre and GLOWS.
Our mission is to enable a vibrant, thriving and healthy tech community in the Kootenays by creating inclusive economic opportunities, stimulating job growth and by providing entrepreneurs and businesses with the support they need to thrive in the local and digital economy.
Our Digital Economy: Rapid Response + Resiliency (DER3) program
In response to the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic comes the new Digital Economy: Rapid Response + Resiliency (DER3) program, developed by Innovate BC.
- Offers Kootenay small and medium sized businesses options and info on how to enter or expand into the digital economy.
- Provides personalized advisory services and coaching, for businesses in any sector, at NO COST or OBLIGATION.
DER3 will set you up with local Kootenay tech consultants who will:
- ASSESS the digital needs of your business
- RECOMMEND tech tools and solutions that will save you time and money
- CREATE a new technology action plan
- CONNECT you with local digital service providers for contracted solutions
- PROVIDE guidance, tools and best practices for your digital transformation
KAST is proud to bring this new program to the Kootenay region. Visit www.kast.com/der3 to find out more or apply today.
Venture Acceleration Program
The Venture Acceleration Program (VAP) helps early-stage entrepreneurs grow their companies. Led by experienced mentors, this ongoing 6-12 month program offers a disciplined approach to growing and taking your business to market. Participating entrepreneurs will have access to one-to-one coaching with an experienced Executive in Residence (EiR) who will take a structured approach to help you define your business model, discover product and market fit, and grow your business.
We are here to help you take your idea further and give you the mentorship, peer-to-peer engagement and resources you need as an early-stage entrepreneur.
Find out more and apply today at: www.kast.com/programs/venture-acceleration/